General Mills Project “Knight” was built to facilitate additional production lines needed for the Yoplait manufacturing facility. This project was unique as the structural components were heavy / industrial, yet the exterior finishes are aesthetically pleasing.
Some interesting points in the construction of this building include:
- (123) 75 ton capacity augercast piles +/- 40′ below grade.
- Concrete pile caps, grade beams & concrete footings.
- 24″ sq precast concrete columns, 8″ thick precast walls, precast beams, & precast double T ceilings.
- Brick veneer with burnished block accents at exterior.
- Decorative louvers.
- Chemical resistant dairy brick flooring with epoxy grout.
- Polyurethane coatings.
For more information on Gerber Construction, Food Processing installations, please give us a call at 231-832-2792.